Selby, North Yorkshire
about 1 month ago
Head of IT Applications
- The Head of IT Applications is accountable for running, maintaining and developing all IT applications
- The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that all applications are reliable and performant and that developments (from small changes up to large projects, including new system implementations) are delivered and tested in line with agreed plans and budgets
- You will also be a member of the IT Leadership team, ensuring that application management best practice is developed, shared and working effectively
- Accountable for managing all change into production IT applications
- Accountable for application reliability and performance to agreed levels/SLAs/KPIs
- Responsible for circa 3 direct reports and 35 indirect (Applications Support, Development and Test & QA resources) - providing leadership, development and performance management
- Accountable for 100+ applications, including all core systems
- Act as the IT Business Partner for key stakeholders - accountable for all aspects of IT service delivery
- Manage service delivery and commercial relationships with external IT application service providers
- Deliver change in line with the roadmap
- Proven experience in leading a function that supports and develops a complex IT application estate
- Strong understanding of IT capabilities and how to recruit the best talent
- Strong understanding of day to day IT service delivery, including the management of 3rd parties to delivery these services
- Strong understanding of different application design, development and testing methodologies and approaches
- Accountable for 24/7 application support and monitoring, and act as escalation point
The role requires someone with excellent communication and presentation skills - someone who can comfortably work with and manage a wide range of stakeholders.
Commutable from York, Leeds, Hull, Doncaster, Wakefield, Sheffield, Yorkshire.
Please get in touch to discuss.
Inter-vention is acting as a recruitment agency for this permanent opportunity.