Selby, North Yorkshire
about 1 month ago
Head of IT Architecture
- To lead the overall end to end design of the IT architecture, technology roadmap and integration of platforms, aligned to the strategic plan
- The role will focus on technologies that integrate platforms and support multi business functions. The team will own the architecture and vendor/supplier decisions for the IT estate
- You will produce high level designs and hand to the Solution Architects in the team who will own the low-level design across the IT estate
- Develop an integrated technology architecture vision, strategy and plan for the technology platforms, including associated roadmaps, governance, policies and procedures
- Recruit, develop and retain a talented, creative Architecture team who deliver innovative, stable and cost-effective technology solutions
- Provide Enterprise architecture input and technical design leadership and assurance, across a wide range of domains
- Together with the Solution Architects act as Architecture champions, to agree, establish and run effective architecture governance, to drive decision making, identify and remove obstacles, and resolve conflicting stakeholder issues
- Ensure there are adequate resources to deliver the pipeline of committed work, to budget and schedule
- Proven experience defining and establishing an IT solution architecture function
- Demonstrable experience in contributing to the architectural visions, roadmaps and designs
- Strong strategic thinker with superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to translate business strategy into pragmatic workable technology solution design
- Previous experience of working with senior business stakeholders, software development and engineering teams, demonstrating the technical and influencing skills to be credible with these audiences
The role requires someone with excellent communication skills with the ability to interact, motivate, influence and challenge stakeholders.
Commutable from York, Leeds, Hull, Doncaster, Wakefield, Sheffield, Yorkshire.
Please get in touch to discuss.
Inter-vention is acting as a recruitment agency for this permanent opportunity.