Sheffield, South Yorkshire
10 months ago
Infrastructure Specialist / Infrastructure Engineer
- Are you looking to join a thriving business and develop your skills further?
- Would you describe yourself as technical, motivated and adaptable?
- Are you passionate about delivering and maintaining reliable infrastructure?
If so, this may be the role for you…
I am currently looking for an experienced and motivated IT Infrastructure Specialist, who will provide day-to-day operational support and liaise with third party solution providers to help troubleshoot, deploy and maintain standards.
As the IT Infrastructure Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining a highly reliable systems infrastructure, as well as providing recommendations for effective and efficient management of IT system resources.
You will act as the 3rd line incident response for issues impacting the IT systems infrastructure and create, edit and react to system alerts and escalations.
In addition, you will review and organise latest hot fixes, critical updates and version upgrades handled by 3rd party providers and provide and assist in the creation of documentation, policies and procedure.
You will work closely with cross functional IT teams and business stakeholders to troubleshoot issues and execute projects and develop systems, automation, processes, and tools designed to make deploying, updating, monitoring, and supporting the infrastructure simpler, more efficient, more reliable, and faster.
What would we like to see on your CV?
- Significant 3rd line infrastructure support experience
- Knowledge of cloud (Office 365 & Azure), server and end-user computing infrastructure, Virtualisation and Operating Systems
- This role will also be involved in Networks and Communications and you should be able to support and drive solutions associated with WAN, Internet, LAN, WiFi, Firewall, VoiP technologies and Cisco CUCM and IP Telephony
- You will have clear knowledge of IT Service Management processes (e.g. configuration, change, incident, problem mgmt.), of software distribution and patch management using Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager, and of SSO and Identity and Access Management systems like Microsoft Identity Manager
- Strong system administration skills, and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to find ways to automate critical and repetitive tasks
- Organisation, planning, and communication skills
Please contact Harriet to discuss the role.
Inter-vention is acting as a recruitment agency for this permanent vacancy.