Sheffield, South Yorkshire
bonus and benefits
8 months ago
SQL Database Administrator
- Design, write and take care of Enterprise SQL database systems, so the business can get the information they need in a timely manner
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Become the SME for database administration
- A professional services organisation who put their people first - they are on a journey to become the market leader using technology to grow and better the business.
- Build and maintain database systems of high availability and quality depending on business needs and requirements
- Develop and manage database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Champion, represent and deliver database service improvements
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required, in line with Change Management and Security Policies
- Design maintenance procedures and put them into operation
- Write reports, documentation and operating manuals as and when required
- Work with all delivery teams to determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
Skills to be evidenced on the CV
- Demonstrable experience within a SQL DBA role
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Experience across 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 in a multi-server highly available environment
- Understanding of disaster recovery and backup procedures
- Process creation, review and maintenance
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Problem solving skills
The role would suit someone who is confident working independently - you will be the go to person for database related queries, therefore you must be communicative, approachable and adaptable.
Offering an attractive salary, bonus and benefits including pension, work/life balance and holiday allowance which increases with length of service.
Please contact Harriet to discuss.
Inter-vention is acting as a recruitment agency for this permanent vacancy.