Developer - .NET
We are working with Drax Power in Selby who are at the forefront of the energy industry, and due to continuous growth and a recent acquisition, the future has never been more exciting.
- As a .NET Developer you'll be working in a mixed IT in-house on-site team, and be focused on design, coding, testing and documenting programs and scripts.
- You'll design and build integration components and take responsibility for all stages/iterations in specific software development projects.
- Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change
- Undertakes low level design of simple applications using simple templates and tools
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues' work
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Determines problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces
- Develops visual user experiences, working with project teams to present propositions and strategies
- Significant experience as a .NET Developer
- SQL Server and Oracle experience
- Understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Web services and cloud platforms
- Comfortable interrogating and manipulating large amounts of data
- Ability to work in different environments including Agile, Waterfall and a combined approach
- Outstanding communication and listening skills, with the confidence to present and explain ideas
- A keen problem solver with the desire to investigate, ask questions and find solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively and bounce ideas off team members
A great opportunity to work on a range of projects that all support business strategy. Offering an attractive salary, annual bonus and benefits including 25 days holiday, generous pension scheme and onsite parking. Numerous opportunities available - at various levels, including Developer and Team Leader.
Please contact Harriet to discuss.
Inter-vention is acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.