Solutions Architect - IT
An exciting opportunity to be the sole IT Solutions Architect, to set up governance, implement process and influence the technology roadmap.
You must have rail/public transport industry experience to be considered - please ensure this is clear in your application and cover letter.
You will work within the delivery function putting control measures in place, providing technical guidance and advice whilst engaging with 3rd parties to ensure best for business solutions are implemented.
- A public transport organisation, with a forward thinking and customer focused approach.
- Provide technical leadership and lead end to end systems architecture and high-level designs
- Produce technical elements throughout the vendor selection process, including quality assurance of proposals, regulatory compliance and adherence to architecture standards
- Work with Programme Managers, Project Managers and Suppliers to agree optimum technical delivery approaches
- Communicate architectures and designs to stakeholders, ensuring they understand solutions
- Clearly agree and document design decisions
- Provide support and leadership of the solution build and integration activities, ensuring alignment of system changes
- A formal Solution Architecture qualification - TOGAF
- Innovative approach - ability to find better/cost effective/quicker ways to build solutions and add value to the business
- Effective leader - set direction and bring the team on the journey
- Key influencer - comfortable altering the technical direction, and subsequent actions/thoughts Industry knowledge - rail/public transport
- Confident working in heavily regulated environments, and managing industry stakeholders
- Experience of working in a multi-supplier environment (CRM, Back End, analytics) and have a flexible approach to technological solutions
- Solid experience working in agile projects, across the full life cycle
This role requires previous rail industry experience - someone who can appreciate and understand industry stakeholders and regulations. A great opportunity to work on large change projects and set technical direction - you would be an integral part of the team, the 'go to' Solutions Architect and be able to grow the function significantly. Please note, this opportunity is fixed term, to end of April 2021 - offering an attractive salary, flexible/remote working, expenses and benefits package.
Based in London, with some travel.
Please contact Harriet to discuss.
Inter-vention is acting as a recruitment agency for this fixed term vacancy.